Review over Mendix van een werknemer

Bekijk alle reviews over Mendix

Bedrijfscultuur
Great culture, cool product and fun colleagues
Senior Consultant (huidige medewerker) –  Rotterdam28 augustus 2018
I am always looking forward to go to work. I love what I am doing and I love the way people treat each other here.

Never a dull day at Mendix!
Lunch, Office, Activities, Culture
Was deze review waardevol?JaNeeRapporteren

Andere reviews over Mendix van werknemers

Bedrijfscultuur
Fast growing company with a lot of opportuniteis and very helpful and motivated colleagues
Business Analyst (huidige medewerker) –  Rotterdam12 september 2018
I've been here for more than five years, and have had the opportunity to learn a lot throughout different roles. I was always given the autonomy to figure out how I want to approach my tasks. At Mendix, your own input and ideas are values and everyone is open to discussing issues that need to be solved.
Pluspunten
great healthy lunch, open culture, best office in Rotterdam
Minpunten
decision-making about larger issues can take too long sometimes, unclear career path
Bedrijfscultuur
Focus on high quality, both on product and person
Software Engineer (huidige medewerker) –  Rotterdam5 september 2018
On a typical day, as a software developer for R&D, I have a short stand-up meeting with my team, talk about what I plan to do today, and if I am having any problems. Then I work on whatever story I am tasked with. Often I pair with another developer and work together. Once development is done, the changes are reviewed and tested. Once all is good, the changes are made ready to be merged into main line. Throughout the day, there would probably be one or two meetings, either related to planning the team work, or maybe one-on-one meetings with my team lead to discuss my work in general. Some days, if I worked hard on something and need a break, or have to wait a while for something out of my control (a build or some tests, for instance), I would break away with some nearby coworkers and play some quick foosball.

The company has accountability in terms of teams stating what tasks will be done by a given time. There are multiple metrics to measure the application as a whole, such as uptime trends or process load on the application.
There is also a high standard of production quality - nothing is rushed through by a "cowboy" programmer. There are checks throughout the process to ensure quality, and people do a good job adhering to these procedures.

Chief company employees spend the time to inform the rest of the company about the company's path and trajectory. You feel as if your efforts are contributing to the larger goal of the company. Not only that, during the regular review meetings between your team and the managers, you show how the efforts of your team align with the
  meer... long term goals of the company.

It is easy to talk to people in different teams or different departments - you don't need to worry about bureaucracy. At the end of the day on Fridays, there are borrels so you can socialize with other people in the company, not just in your department.

The company culture is the people. There are no strict rules for interacting with your coworkers.

The company cares about personal and professional growth. There are Quarterly check-ins so you can set individualized goals and continue improving yourself. The Team Lead spends the time to speak one-on-one if there is anything you want to discuss. For those that do not know Dutch, they offer Dutch lessons to improve your quality-of-life in the Netherlands. A happy employee is a productive employee.

They offer plenty of space to do your work - you get multiple monitors, a wide desk, an adjustable desk (can even make it a standing desk if you want). The office location has a beautiful view of the Maas, and plenty of large windows.

They offer flexible working hours, and allow working from home - as long as your team is okay with that. That being said, though the times of the day are flexible, you have to work 40 hours per week.
  minder
Pluspunten
Good management, Open for feedback, Open accountability of actions, Positive outlook, Conscious of quality of product (and strive to fix any shortcomings), Good benefits, Offers a delicious lunch with lots of vegetable options
Minpunten
Only allow a 40-hr work week schedule, Is an open office. But there are many unreservable meeting rooms, where a discussion can be moved to, Must be able to handle autonomy - no micro-management means you must figure out what you need to do
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Mendix. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag

4,3Compensatie/Arbeidsvoorwaarden
4,1Doorgroeimogelijkheden
4,4Management
4,7Bedrijfscultuur

Reviews over Mendix gesorteerd op locatie