Hoyer Reviews

Alle 35 reviews worden getoond
Sorteer op: Relevantie | Beoordeling | Datum
Bedrijfscultuur
Should have listened to guys on Facebook
Tanker Driver (voormalige medewerker) –  Grangemouth, Falkirk10 oktober 2019
I took the Facebook critism with a pinch of salt. Turns out everything said about this lot on Facebook is true. "Must be true if it's on Facebook". I got told bit didn't listen. Till I had to put myself through it and witness it. Don't bother going there. You'll be in the newest contract being on bottom pay
Alot
Was deze review waardevol?JaNeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Better jobs elsewhere without the poor terms snd conditions
Tanker Driver (voormalige medewerker) –  Kingsbury, Warwickshire6 oktober 2019
Wages look good but too many clauses and encouraged to rush to get them. Planning rubbish job times impossible and your driving and delivering fuel. Training is good but then you find ex BP drivers on £15,000 more than you and get better benefits for the same job. When you drop jobs due to lack of time of traffic you lose any overtime. When you try to claim it's not paid or always some clause. Once 3 year agreement is over I am off.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 1NeeRapporteren
Avoid
Petrol driver (huidige medewerker) –  Hamble, Hampshire3 oktober 2019
If you’re looking to become the prestigious petrol driver you’ve always dreamed of look elsewhere. New contract comes with the lowest pay in the industry you are over worked and under appreciated. It’s embarrassing to know your salary is less than a supermarket driver and you have double the stress. Expect a 12hr shift whilst all the old boys go home after 9hrs. Remember Hoyer, new drivers have nothing to loose!
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2NeeRapporteren
3,0
Bedrijfscultuur
Good job, could be even better
Tanker Driver (voormalige medewerker) –  Preston, Lancashire10 september 2019
I worked for Hoyer last 3 years. Brilliant company to work for. I have to say planning office in Preston is brilliant, they are very professional and always very understanding. New transport manager seems very nice guy, he understands transport and a specially such a demanding and complex driver shift structure.

and
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 2Nee 2Rapporteren
Transport Planner - Preston
Transport Planner (voormalige medewerker) –  Preston, Lancashire27 augustus 2019
I feel like I should leave a review for Hoyer as I feel the company deserve good feedback, although I was only there for a short time I was welcomed into the team and settled in quickly.

The training was probably the best I have received compared to other companies I have worked for in the past.

The management team were very approachable and I didn't feel uncomfortable approaching them like I have in other companies in the past.

The working hours were fair and what you would expect in any workplace.

The hardest part of the job was the planning system but once trained which took me a few weeks then you get used to it.

I would also like to state that in the planning office I could not criticise anyone for work ethic as they were all very professional and hard working(whilst being able to have a bit of work banter)

All in all a good company worth working for,
Salary, Colleagues hard working
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 4Nee 3Rapporteren
Planner (voormalige medewerker) –  Preston, Lancashire26 augustus 2019
After reading the reviews before joining, I was surprised to find that they in my opinion to be untrue. The attitude of all staff both managers and office based was very good, and also our customers who helped myself on many occasions in a very demanding environment.
The hours where good and also the working conditions.This is a company I would highly rate, my only reason for leaving was it was only a maternity cover position and something else had cropped up that is full time. Everyone at Preston including the drivers where very nice to work with.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 3Nee 3Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Hard to say anything positive.
Transport Planner (voormalige medewerker) –  Preston, Lancashire3 juli 2019
Brilliant colleagues in office, fun and hardworking. Extremely demanding duties and customer service to TOTAL, who demand the world. Being on call over weekends and during the week is a nightmare, drivers queries are not filtered properly through the call handlers and never adhere to rules, i.e to not call the Planners when they’re not on call or call them directly. I was told by a colleague to write your weekends off and he was very much correct. Stressful planning system, very draconian and every task to plan is long winded and tedious, mostly in German. Management are very professional and the training they offer is second to none, particularly to the drivers. Drivers earn a killing, granted they have to work for it, but 80% of them are very selfish and only care about themselves and complain ALL the time. The other 20% work extremely hard and go the extra mile.

In the beginning when I started work here, a colleague would blame me for mistakes they had done which was very demoralising and was spotted by my other colleagues who of course disagreed with her behaviour. Because of the planning system’s tedious method and constant mouse clicking, mistakes are inevitable. Towards the end I had to go to doctors to talk about a rash on my body and deafness that appeared in my left ear. She advised me it was most definitely stress related eczema and tinnitus, so she wanted to sign me off, to which I refused in fear of letting my team down. I advised management of this and instead of offering help, regrettably, they asked more duties of me, which was very disappointing and ultimately
  meer... led to the demise of my time at Hoyer.

All I can say about this job is that if you don’t have a life outside of work and you are a workaholic, then this is the job for you. If you make mistakes you are looked down upon by colleagues which was draining to working moral. Cries for help are not listened to. I hardly ever got to leave on time and sometime stayed behind for more than two hours, which was unpaid and I was told it was part of the job. On two occasions the planning was half complete and the rest left for me to do on a Saturday just so my colleagues could leave early and when I asked why do I have all the extra work, the reply was, ‘Because we’re behind.’ Even though I had to stay behind an extra two hours the week before, when I was told no-one can leave until the planning is done, well how come you’re not staying behind to finish? As a planner your life here will be stripped from you, never seem to be away from the place, especially when you’re on call, working the weekend and during the week at night if you’re included in the WhatsApp group. Unbelievably the stress of it all brought me to tears in-front of my colleagues, which was embarrassing to say the least as I have never been like that before in the work place.

The customer, TOTAL are very tumultuous, doesn’t seem to have much structure and most of the staff seem to be jobsworths, having heard it from TOTAL staff themselves. High up management sit in their offices watching Game of Thrones according to sources in the planning office. Preoccupied with staff Golf Days instead of getting the orders in for Hoyer to plan on time. Hierarchy at TOTAL in the planning office is delusional, non-managerial staff over step the mark in dealing with Hoyer as a supplier, get involved in matters which have no concern to them. Nice people but working ethic again is delusional.

It’s a shame as the office life is brilliant, lots of good crack, the money is good and the workload is good. But the planning method, customer demand and drivers behaviour is extremely tedious and sucks the life from you. Hopefully it’ll change because I’d like to see Hoyer succeed further and my old colleagues progress, as all my colleagues within the office who work for Hoyer say they don’t see themselves there very long, including management. They will read my review and have their own opinion but this is as fair as I could make it.

To top it off I was due a weeks wage before I left and low and behold Hoyer like to put the last boot in and pay me late, getting my finish date wrong.

Good luck, you’ll need it.
  minder
Money average
Everything above.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 15Nee 4Rapporteren
Job description
Tanker Driver (voormalige medewerker) –  Grays12 juni 2019
I have work for this company a couple of months.
You are treated as a number. They only care about their busines .Also if you are other nationality other then Brit they are really discriminatory and they will try everything in their power to get rid of you.
It was the same problem with me and another 5 colleagues of different nationalities.
Extremely long hours
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 18NeeRapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Immingham transport set of clown
Tanker Driver (voormalige medewerker) –  Immingham, Lincolnshire3 juni 2019
Waited 9 weeks after being offered job for training to start, no communication, when i asked questions ie start date was treat like i was an inconvenience, extensive medical passed, told training would be local then changed to Preston, to be put up in a hotel for 3 weeks, at last minute changed to staying in a day cab while training for 3 weeks, they were happy and encouraging this illegal act to happen, cabs disgusting and dirty.
Job is not what you initially apply for they change it to suit them once they have lured you in.
Supervisor is sexist, racist and has small man syndrome would strongly advise not to work this company they are cowboys, hopefully they will loose the contract very soon and the job will get better.
NONE
Minpunten
Riduculas working hours, bad management
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 23NeeRapporteren
2,0
Good employees bad managers
Administration Assistant (voormalige medewerker) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire12 april 2019
One particular contract is overseen by planning manager who is ruthless blatantly punishes anyone who dare cross him, planners who follow his example.
Excellent safety culture
Poor management
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 19NeeRapporteren
dont bother
TANKER TECHNICIAN/ DRIVER (voormalige medewerker) –  london england7 april 2019
say goodbye to real life and enter the world of being just a number to get something done, no social life, terrible work hours, no compromise, barely time to even go to the bathroom
literally everything
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 20NeeRapporteren
Terrible employer
Traffic management (voormalige medewerker) –  Hudderafield3 april 2019
Terrible place to work. Management are gender biased, bullying to female workers. Office is very clicky and if you don't fit in a click you are pretty much ostracized. Management are bullies, would not want to walk back through those doors for a million per hour. Don't work here unless you are desperate
Pay ok
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 18NeeRapporteren
Staff (huidige medewerker) –  Huddersfield20 maart 2019
Probably one of the best employers in logistics / transport. Yes, the company expects drivers and staff to work hard and it's not the kind of place where you can hide and be idle. But managers are approachable, training is good, package on offer is good and the company does invest in it's people. Don't understand all of the bitterness on this forum.
Investment in staff
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 7Nee 19Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Manipulating bullies, Good job gone bad!
Driver (huidige medewerker) –  Total Bitumen14 maart 2019
Fantastic training, fantastic equipment, awful management.
This job used to be dead man's shoes!
Now it's any shoes that fit, very low morale, caused by the planning management!
Hoyer have a saying, when it matters!
More like when it suits!
Hoyer stands for Hand, over, your, employment, rights!
Because you don't have any working for this establishment!
They make a very straightforward job, very difficult with their mind games and target drivers!
If you don't have a life and want rid of the wife, this is the job for you!
The planners could not plan a booze up in a brewery!
It is only a matter of time before someone falls asleep at the wheel, due to this!
Training and going home!
Minpunten
Bullying in the workplace!
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 12Nee 3Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
I used to love it, not anymore
Bitumen tanker driver (voormalige medewerker) –  Preston, Lancashire9 maart 2019
Please don't consider these clowns unless you're either desperate or masochistic. The management are awful, they treat you like your the enemy without a life and gossip behind your back. I stood three years before I finally gave up hope of the job living up to its potential. It's just a matter of time before someone falls asleep at the wheel. It's a dam shame as it could be a great job.
Money, training and facilities
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 25Nee 5Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Great job but badly managed
Transport Planner (voormalige medewerker) –  Preston, Lancashire9 januari 2019
Job is fairly paid and not too difficult in all sectors in the industry, unfortunately the down side for working for Hoyer is the management as they are completely unprofessional, constantly being very rude behind the backs of many of the staff, I worked in the office and witnessed unfair remarks and 2 faced behaviour along with racist and sexist remarks with constant foul language. The only other thing is that they constantly try to get people to work through their breaks or not to have them at all, somebody should really look into this unlawful practice.
Fairly paid
Management are a disgrace
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 39Nee 7Rapporteren
Bedrijfscultuur
Very bad place to work !!!
HGV Class 1 Driver (voormalige medewerker) –  Purfleet, Essex17 december 2018
If you not extremely desperate for money, do not go to work there, this is Very very bad place to work NOT respect for drivers, you are treated in this place worse than a slave !!!
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 77Nee 3Rapporteren
A circus run by clowns
Tanker Driver (voormalige medewerker) –  Preston, Lancashire4 november 2018
Don’t even consider working for this company !!! This company will Think nothing of spending a lot of money training you and spend three times that amount trying to find a reason to get rid of you.
Strangest management culture ever !!!
Rates aren’t to bad
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 54Nee 9Rapporteren
Theale and West London
Delivery Driver (voormalige medewerker) –  West London30 oktober 2018
The worst company which will ever work for I work for them nearly 3 years Never again
Can’t take your holiday when you want
Old and dirty high milage trucks
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 41Nee 2Rapporteren
Ex employee at avonmouth
Driver (voormalige medewerker) –  Avonmouth, Bristol28 oktober 2018
Worked on the BP contract, paid on standards that weren't long enough to do the job as the company had trained the employees to do it. First hour of delays were taken by the driver and as that was everyday the company was making money off the backs of the drivers either forcing them to rush and have lots of crossovers or lose money, disgraceful company will never work for them again. Company expecting you to do 13 hours work in 10! Manager was just a puppet for the upper management who didn't know what they were doing. Planning office were rude and didn't have a clue how long it takes to get to sites at peak times only what they took off of Google maps. Terrible company, blokes mostly OK but don't stick together and are only out for themselves.
Training was good.
Minpunten
Hourly rate only £16.50 per hour and lose an hour a day cause of timings.
Was deze review waardevol?Ja 44NeeRapporteren
Profiel geclaimd

Wil je meer weten over hoe het is om hier te werken?

Stel een vraag over solliciteren of werken bij Hoyer. Onze community staat klaar om te antwoorden.

Stel een vraag