Fulltime, Vast dienstverband
Liberty Global is the leading international cable company in the world, with activities in 15 countries in Europe, Japan, Latin America and Australia. Liberty Global is highly innovative and willing to make large investments because of its long-term vision. By continually innovating its broad range of activities in communication services and content activities, Liberty Global is a market leader in digital media and communication.
Through the efforts of 22,000 employees, Liberty Global connects its 16 million customers to the world of information, communications and entertainment. Based on the company's consolidated operating statistics (at June 30, 2008), Liberty Global's networks passed approximately 31 million homes and served approximately 25 million service subscribers, including approximately 15 million video subscribers, of which 4 million were digital cable subscribers, 6 million broadband internet subscribers and 4 million telephone subscribers.
UPC Broadband (UPC) is the European division of Liberty Global, Inc. The company is driven by its vision that 'this amazing but often complex digital world should be for everyone'.
IP Video Gateway Architect Vacature in Schiphol-Rijk, Noord-Holland Nederland
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Architecture and Design of IP Video and Broadband services, both extensions of current activities and greenfield scenarios.
- Overall development, testing and implementation of IP frontend and IP communication of next-generation DTV CPEs. This includes generic IP communication as well as DOCSIS, voice and in-home networking.
- Development of requirements and specification of the IP frontend and IP communication components in next-generation DTV CPEs.
- Working closely with vendors to define, specify, test and correct IP features.
- Working closely with all teams in the program (technical, product, support, implementation)
- Support product teams with the development of new products and features.
- Provide support field operations with the introduction of new products and features.
- Coordinate and execute validation and acceptance testing of the IP frontend and IP communication components in next generation DTV CPEs;
- Specify, test and handover of TR-069 remote monitoring of UPC next generation DTV CPEs
- Creation and handover of test protocols and results to the implementation and operational teams
- Support operational and implementation teams during field trial and roll-out in several countries
- Architecture and Design of IP services, both extensions of current activities and greenfield scenarios
- Create and maintain Engineering Guidelines
- Audit, monitor and review LGI networks for compliancy with guidelines.
- Equipment and vendor selection and validation for IP networks
- Equipment lab testing for validation
- Minimum required education level: Bachelor/ Master (Professional networking qualifications are an additional advantage)
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in a design related position
- Ability to define and analyse functional and operational requirements and translate into IP architectures.
- Minimum of 5-8 years in IP network environments
- Experience with IPv4/IPv6 and routing protocols, routing and switching equipment
- Knowledge of other IP architectures and functionalities, e.g. QOS, Multicast, IGP (OSPF, IS-IS, RIP), MPLS
- Detailed knowledge of and experience in DOCSIS environments (CMTS, CPE, provisioning and monitoring)
- Knowledge of DVB-C DTV and DVB STB environments
- Experience with technical CPE product development
- Thorough experience with testing, acceptance, implementation and hand-over of complex DOCSIS CPE products
- Knowledge and experience with in-home networking technology (CPE router, Wifi, MoCa, DLNA)
- basic knowledge of IPv6, TR-069, DRM
- Knowledge of different operating systems such as MS-Windows, Linux, Solaris
- Understand the impact of Residential Broadband services markets on today’s networks.
- Strong Business operations understanding.
- Ability to develop a collaborative working relationship with customers.
- Team-working attitude within a multi-cultural environment
- Strong aptitude for and interest in new and emerging technologies.
- Fluency in Dutch and English, both oral and written
A n exciting challenge within one of the leading international broadband communication companies in Europe. Our remuneration package is excellent and t raining is a major feature of our operation. As a fast growing company in a fast moving business we offer opportunities for highly skilled and motivated professionals.
Liberty Global's UPC Broadband division is a leading provider of cable television, broadband internet, and voice services in Europe, serving approximately 13.4 million customers throughout 10 countries. UPC is the largest cable television operator across the majority of the markets in its footprint.
In Western Europe, UPC operates cable networks in the Netherlands, Austria, Ireland, in Germany through the Unitymedia brand, and in Switzerland through the Cablecom brand. In Central and Eastern Europe, UPC's operations span five markets: Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Romania, and Slovakia.
If you meet the above criteria and are excited by this challenge, please email your CV and a cover letter stating current remuneration package to Nico Rumlawan, Senior Corporate Recruiter at email@example.com
UPC Broadband is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Position Type: Fulltime, Vast dienstverband
Email this job to a friend Click here to see all Liberty Global Europe opportunities
Learn more about Liberty Global Europe
Monsterboard.nl - 3 jaren geleden