Fulltime, Vast dienstverband
Liberty Global is the leading international cable company in the world, with activities in 15 countries in Europe, Japan, Latin America and Australia. Liberty Global is highly innovative and willing to make large investments because of its long-term vision. By continually innovating its broad range of activities in communication services and content activities, Liberty Global is a market leader in digital media and communication.
Through the efforts of 22,000 employees, Liberty Global connects its 16 million customers to the world of information, communications and entertainment. Based on the company's consolidated operating statistics (at June 30, 2008), Liberty Global's networks passed approximately 31 million homes and served approximately 25 million service subscribers, including approximately 15 million video subscribers, of which 4 million were digital cable subscribers, 6 million broadband internet subscribers and 4 million telephone subscribers.
UPC Broadband (UPC) is the European division of Liberty Global, Inc. The company is driven by its vision that 'this amazing but often complex digital world should be for everyone'.
Program Manager Vacature in Schiphol-Rijk, Noord-Holland Nederland
- The Program Manage r will manage a number of assigned programs/ projects within the CTO PMO working closely with the CTO and POMG teams . The role played in each will vary from one where there is responsibility from initiation to delivery & launch, where coordination of deliveries into larger UPC programs is required or the need to be aware and keep others aware of company wide programs and will cover:
Reporting, Communication and Representation
- The Program Manager must be aware at all times as to the status, task priority, critical path and key dates of their projects / programs operating as the first point of contact for these projects/programs and as the formal communication path
- Regular and accurate reporting will be expected to contain progress, risk and is sues that affect the program/ project. Reports must be professionally presented in line with required timeframes & team templates and must be suitable for audiences at all levels of the organisation
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- The Program Manager will be responsible for ensuring that their program/projects adhere to all defined PMO processes and, where these processes are lacking, for working with the Director Program Management & Delivery to implement or improve these processes
- Experience of the entire project/application lifecycle, especially with regard to delivery, testing, default resolution and recognised development methodologies according to structured project management methodologies
- A minimum of 3+ yrs hands-on project & program management experience in digital TV and /or web projects with associated technical experience and/or knowledge of IP & DVB technologies, broadcast technologies and multiplatform architecture
- Competency in change, risk & issue management, planning & reporting
- A good team leader and player with excellent skills in interpreting the requirements from different groups across the organi s ation and the ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent analytical, communi cation and interpersonal skills (the ability to converse with, enthuse and influence peers and superiors)
- An inherent need to put the customer and product first backed by an ability to evaluate and implement a variety of technical & business solutions with experience of the require ments of multi-lingual TV/PC/Internet/Telephony products
- Self-motivated and proactive in the working environment. Proven ability to work with speed and acc uracy to deadlines is essential
F luent English speaker, ideally other European languages
- Preferably a University Master degree (relevant equivalent experience also considered)
- Preferably a qualification in a formal structured project management methodology, e.g. PRINCE2
A n exciting challenge within one of the leading international broadband communication companies in Europe. Our remuneration package is excellent and t raining is a major feature of our operation. As a fast growing company in a fast moving business we offer opportunities for highly skilled and motivated professionals.
Liberty Global's UPC Broadband division is a leading provider of cable television, broadband internet, and voice services in Europe, serving approximately 13.4 million customers throughout 10 countries. UPC is the largest cable television operator across the majority of the markets in its footprint.
In Western Europe, UPC operates cable networks in the Netherlands, Austria, Ireland, in Germany through the Unitymedia brand, and in Switzerland through the Cablecom brand. In Central and Eastern Europe, UPC's operations span five markets: Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Romania, and Slovakia.
If you meet the above criteria and are excited by this challenge, please email your CV and a cover letter stating current remuneration package to Nico Rumlawan, Senior Corporate Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
UPC Broadband is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Position Type: Fulltime, Vast dienstverband
Email this job to a friend Click here to see all Liberty Global Europe opportunities
Learn more about Liberty Global Europe
Monsterboard.nl - 2 jaren geleden